2.0 What is Personal Data ?
Personal data is any information which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information which can be used to identify or contact you.
3.0 What are the kind of Personal Information We Collect ?
In order for us to provide you with our Products and Services, and to operate in an efficient and effective manner, we need to collect relevant personal information from you. The personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:-
- contact information such as name, date of birth, gender, nationality, race, address (shipping address, billing address, business address), contact number and email address
- credit card information and bank account details
- the status of the services you have subscribed from us
- your personal interests and preferences to help us to better improve our Products and Services
- how you use the Products and Services
- the equipment you use when accessing our Websites, Products and/or Services (e.g. handphone, computer system and platform) to customize the service for you
4.0 When and How We Collect Your Personal Data?
We may collect your personal data from your when you:-
- you register/ creates an account in Locally.my
- you use our Products and/or Services
- participate in any of our surveys
- participate in any of our marketing campaign and/or promotions
- enter and/or participate in any contests, programmes, competition run/organized by us
- response to any marketing materials we send out (newsletter, etc)
- visit or browse our website
- lodge a complaint with us
- provide feedback and/or suggestions to us
When you access our websites, please be aware that:
- your IP address and information about your visit (such as time stamp, date, duration etc) will be automatically picked up by Locally.my systems.
- a “cookie” may be attached when you enter. Cookies are pieces of information that websites transfer to your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. If you prefer, you can reset your browser either to notify you when you have received a cookie, or to refuse to accept cookies. Please also note that your user experience will be affected and areas of certain sites will not function properly if you set your browser to not accept cookies.
5.0 How We Use Your Personal Information
We may collect and use personal information from you for one or more of the following purposes:-
- to verify your identity
- to process your application(s) /request(s) for our Products and/or Services
- to provide you with the Products and/or Services you have requested
- to administer and manage the Products and/or Services we provide you (including charging, billing, facilitating payments)
- to investigate and resolve any service issues, billing and fees queries, complaints or other inquiries that you submit to us regarding our Products and Services
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested
- to engage in business transactions in respect of Products and/or Services to be offered and provided to you
- to establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you
- to process any communications you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedback)
- to help us monitor and improve the performance of our Products and Services, our customer support/relations teams and to make these more efficient
- to maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems
- to manage staff training and quality assurance
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our Products and/or Services
- to determine how can we improve services to you
- to investigate/ respond to claims
- to conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
6.0 Disclosure of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our Products and/or Services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- law enforcement agencies
- government agencies
- companies and/or organizations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
- customer inquiry and other customer related services (including telemarketing);
- data processing services
- information technology services
- media and marketing services (including advertising)
- market research and website usage analysis services subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations)
7.0 Your Obligations as A Member
Where indicated, it is obligatory you provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our Products and/or Services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application/request or provide you with our products or services.
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date. This obligation is a condition to the provision of our Products and/or Services to you and/or any other person authorised or permitted by you or your organisation/company to use the Products and/or Services.
In the event you may need to provide us with personal information relating to third parties (for example about your business partner, spouse or children or where you are the designated person in charge (from an organisation or company) for dealing with us, if you are acquiring and are responsible for a service and/or product that they will use), you confirm that you have
- obtained their consent or otherwise entitled to provide their personal information to us and for us to use accordingly, and
Last updated on 10 December 2022